Thursday, December 3, 2009

Incandescent Monsters

Thru the day of plod and toil
and beasts that turn one's blood to boil
grey faces pass in one big blur
but rarely one will cause a stir

A rumble somewhere deep below
a reflection of their blinding glow
a slap across the boredom's face
a shine, a smile, a touch of grace.

Nothing gives me joy like the incandescent monsters.

And in the evening, twilight fades
and the sky turns all those mournful shades
the sun has died, the light has gone,
reflections pass, and sorrow spawns

that one that held the key to all
that led me to the tragic fall
dashes through my weary head
and leaves me with the words unsaid

Nothing like the sadness missing incandescent monsters.

And then to bed in hopes to sleep
where mirrors wall and conclusions leap
I drift off and start to dream
misty narrative with lens of cream

So of course at four I wake
cold, alone I start to shake
I must face the nameless dread
of mistakes I've made with my own head

Nothing like the late night fear of incandescent monsters

At last its time and up I rise
tired yes, but to my surprise
my body glows just like the sun
and I will face another one

A day, a week, a month, a year
is but a road no one can steer
yet where my path is dest to go
is something Im still inclined to know

Nothing like the hope inspired by incandescent monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
dj, graphic designer, painter, word wrangler, sybarite, troubled mind.