Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can't Get There From Here


Where are you?


Im not here.


Did you leave?


So to speak.


Where did you go?


Over here.


Why?


I couldn't be there anymore.


When did you leave?


A while ago, slowly, you didn't notice.


Is it better over there?


I honestly don't know.


Well…


Well, what?


Well, are you going to stay over there?


Probably.


Really?


Really.


But I need you over here...


I told you, I cant be over there anymore.


But I can barely see you from here...


I'm sorry.


Could I…?


Could you what?


Could I come over there too?


No. You must stay where you are.


Why?


Look, I don't make the rules.


Rules?


Rules. You must stay where you are.


Couldn't I go somewhere else too?


Perhaps. But you cant come here.


I don't like it here when you are over there.


Well…


Well what? I will go somewhere else too!


Even if you go somewhere else…


Yes?


You will always be right where you are.


And?


And that is not here, where I am.


I see. And you like that place, huh?


I don't know. But if I did, I probably wouldn't tell you.


Why?


Because you are where you are. I don't want to make you feel bad.


But I may go somewhere else…


…and end up where you are, which is not over here.


I guess, but…


But what?


But I could…


Stop. I told you, you will alway be over there.


But…


Yes?


I don't know.


Don't know what?


I don't care where you are, I just want to be there too.


Why?


Because you make every place better.


Well…


I have made things pretty damn good over here.


And?


And I could go to even better places...


See?


I guess.


So whats the problem?


I miss you.


I miss you too.


But…


I will shout to you over there soon.


Um… ok.


I am happy you have made over there better.


I know. But…


Goodbye.


Goodbye.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
dj, graphic designer, painter, word wrangler, sybarite, troubled mind.